PolyU SPEED “Back-to-School Scholarship”
In order to encourage working adults to go back to school to earn a bachelor’s degree, PolyU SPEED introduces the “Back-to-School Scholarship” in 2020/21. New “back-to-school” students (those admitted to PolyU SPEED’s full-time articulation honours degree programmes in 2020/21) may apply for this Scholarship. Details are as follows:
Each awardee will be granted a scholarship of HK$10,000
To be considered for this Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be new students admitted to PolyU SPEED’s full-time articulation honours degree programmes in 2020/21; and
- Possess at least 9 months of full-time work experience before 1 September 2020; and
- Attain a GPA of 3.0 or above in Semester One, 2020/21 at PolyU SPEED.
Applicants’ entire portfolios including academic performance, extra-curricular activities, contributions to the School and society, other achievements, and interview performance will be considered.
How to Apply
Applicants who have received an offer of admission to a PolyU SPEED full-time articulation honours degree programmes in 2020/21 will be invited to apply for this Scholarship.
Applicants should email the duly completed application form and copies of all supporting documents (including proof of full-time employment) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may be invited to attend an interview in February 2021.
ð Download Application Form
Closing Date for Application
5:00 pm, 14 August 2020 (Friday). Late or incomplete applications will NOT be processed.
Announcement of Results
Shortlisted applicants will be informed by late August 2020 by email. The list of scholarship awardees will be announced in February 2021 after the confirmation of Semester One, 2020/21 assessment results. All awardees will be notified by email.
Scholarship Presentation Arrangements
- The scholarship payment will be transferred to the awardees’ bank accounts by the end of 2021 after the confirmation of their continuation of study at PolyU SPEED in the 2021/22 academic year.
- The awardees will be invited to a scholarship presentation ceremony.
Service Counter: S1201, 12/F, South Tower, PolyU West Kowloon Campus, 9 Hoi Ting Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon
Hotline: (852) 3400 2828
- PolyU SPEED reserves the right to alter the above arrangements without prior notice.
- All recipients of the PolyU SPEED Back-to-School Scholarship must complete their first year of study and confirm their second year of study in PolyU-SPEED award programmes on a normal study load.
- PolyU SPEED reserves the right not to grant this scholarship to those who have any disciplinary record(s) due to infringement of the rules and regulations of the School.