Online Seminar on “Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics - Principles and Use Cases”
06 Aug 2022 (Saturday)
2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Online (MS Teams)
Did you know that, increasingly, artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Analytics (DA) are used by more and more industries?
Acquiring knowledge in these two areas will greatly facilitate your professional career development.
In this FREE seminar hosted by the BSc (Hons) in Applied Sciences (Information Systems and Web Technologies) programme of PolyU SPEED, you will learn about:
- The basic concepts and building blocks of AI
- The role of AI in data analytics
- How data analytics enable decision making
- Some use cases of AI and DA
Participation is FREE. What’s more, you will receive a Letter of Attendance issued by the Director of PolyU SPEED after the workshop.
Dr Adam Wong is the Award Leader of the BSc (Hons) in Applied Sciences (Information Systems and Web Technologies) programme (full-time and part-time). He has over 20 years of experience in the Information Technology industry. Before joining PolyU SPEED in 2002, he had worked for international companies such as Acer, Philips, Hewlett-Packard and PCCW. His professional experience includes system development, database support, e-commerce development and project management.
- Provides the latest knowledge of new technologies including cloud computing (e.g. Amazon Web Services, machine learning using Python and SAS credentials), and database technologies (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, and MongoDB)
- Introduces E-commerce strategies, Google Analytics, and CMS (content management system)
- Offers popular elective subjects including Artificial Intelligence, Principles and Practices of FinTech, and Mobile Application Development
- Promising job and further study prospects for its graduates in fast-expanding IT-related fields