Practical Workshop on Internet of Things (IoT)
13 Aug 2022 (Saturday)
9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
IT Laboratory, Rm 1209, PolyU Hung Hom Bay Campus
The rapid development in Internet Technology has not only enabled you and me, as humans, to connect with each other and engage in a multitude of online activities, but it has also enabled machines to collect and disseminate data and perform many tasks automatically.
In this practical workshop hosted by the BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering programme of PolyU SPEED, you will:
- Acquire fundamental knowledge about IoT
- Learn hands-on skills in designing and building IoT devices and how they are connected to the Internet
- Understand programming techniques and connection methods of IoT devices
Participation is FREE. What’s more, you will receive a Letter of Attendance issued by the Director of PolyU SPEED after the workshop.
Dr James Chau is the Programme Leader of BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering. He received his BEng (Hons) and PhD degrees in Electronic and Information Engineering from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. His research interests include digital signal processing, image and video signal processing, pattern recognition, and artificial intelligence.
Highlights of BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering
- Offered in partnership with CLP Power Academy and widely recognised by the industry
- Accredited by The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE)
- Specific subjects of this part-time programme taught by experienced engineers from CLP Power Hong Kong Limited
- Provides broad knowledge of electrical engineering and its current applications with in-depth coverage
- Students will visit power facilities and work sites. They will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of power equipment at CLP Power Academy
- Prepares you to pursue your professional development in the electrical engineering industry where there are high demands for professionals and great rewards