PolyU SPEED introduces Innovation and Design Management part-time degree programme to nurture creative business problem solvers
24 Apr 2020
PolyU SPEED announced today the launch of the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business (Innovation and Design Management) part-time programme to prepare working adults for a management position in a creative industry.
“Innovation, as the process of translating new ideas into tangible products and services that create value for people, has become key to business success. Design management, on the other hand, manages innovation using a problem-solving process called design thinking. Innovation and design management are therefore mutually inclusive for companies to stay innovative and competitive,” said Dr Chris Yin, Programme Leader of BA (Hons) in Business (Innovation and Design Management).
The Innovation and Design Management part-time programme aims to address the growing demand for talents in innovation and design management. For example:
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups need to innovate in order to survive
- Design thinking is supported and promoted by the HKSAR Government as a problem-solving tool for public services and to advocate a "people-oriented" service culture
- The financial industry is using design thinking to develop innovative payment systems
- A growing number of companies are setting up innovation departments and adopting design thinking in Hong Kong, including Cathay Pacific, Li & Fung, and Lane Crawford
The programme, which boasts the following features, would train students to become a creative business problem solver:
- The first innovation and design management bachelor’s degree programme in Hong Kong specifically designed for students to become a manager in a creative industry
- Professional teaching team with industry experts to teach students the latest in business and design thinking for solving business problems
- Interdisciplinary elective subjects to provide students with a well-rounded business education
- Strong business and industry network
- Talks on key topics by renowned international and regional speakers
The programme is now open for application for admission to 2020/21 intake, which is expected to commence on 31 August 2020. Interested parties are welcome to submit their applications or obtain more information from the following websites:
Enquiries: 3400 2828 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The offering of the Bachelor of Arts in Business (Innovation and Design Management) is subject to the final approval by PolyU in mid-2020.